The mission for the new office of Danone is to incorporate their core values in the concept and design of the building and stimulating forward thinking by encouraging collaboration. The result? A brand new, state-of-the-art office building, located in Hoofddorp, Amsterdam, assisted by Mapiq.
LEED & WELL
Wall of vegation
Danone, One Planet. One Health
At Danone, they aim to inspire healthier and more sustainable eating and drinking practices, which is in line with their vision – Danone, One Planet. One Health. It’s no coincidence that sustainability was an important aspect of their new headquarters in Hoofddorp. The office is designed to a state-of-art specification, to achieve both a LEED “Gold” certification and the WELL “Gold” Building Standard Certification and provide a sustainable, healthy and vibrant workplace.
Challenges faced by Danone
Danone envisioned their new office, sustainable and future proof, with a strong focus on making our planet a better one, through reusing materials and minimizing carbon footprint. Besides the sustainable goals they wanted to provide the ultimate support for their employees in the switch to activity-based working.
How Mapiq helped
- Meeting support. Informal meetings are optimally supported at Danone. Not only the building is designed for those gatherings, with green, cozy nooks, but employees can use Mapiq to see which meeting rooms or areas are free and book them. The sensors of bGrid show the availability of the rooms and the data is being collected in PowerBI.
- Workplaces. All desks are equipped with a sensor, so employees always know which workplaces are occupied. Mapiq provides Danone with a real-time office overview in which they can locate a workplace that suits their activity in seconds. Not having to worry increases productivity, efficiency, and employee satisfaction.
- Control. Mapiq provides employees to control the lights in meeting rooms and workspaces through personal devices.
- Lockers. Vecos smart locker system is connected with the Mapiq platform. Mapiq shows the location and real-time availability of smart lockers in the interactive 3D map of the office building. Additionally, employees are able to control the smart lockers by opening, closing and releasing them through Mapiq on their devices.
- Analytics. Mapiq’s office analytics provides all kinds of real-time building data, from workplace and meeting room occupancy, to temperature and the availability of smart lockers. With the right insights, facility managers at Danone can reduce underutilized office space and invest in areas their employees actually use.