Mapiq builds smart workday solutions dedicated to creating smarter, more meaningful workdays. Mapiq supports hybrid working through custom smart suggestions—giving organizations the tools they need to optimize their spaces.
Our vision on privacy
At Mapiq we value privacy. We are transparent about the technology we use and are committed to keeping your data secure. The privacy and security of your data is reinforced by compliance with applicable privacy laws and regulations such as the GDPR and the international standard for information security, ISO 27001.
You are in control. We process your data on behalf of the organization you're affiliated with. We’ll protect the privacy of your data, and only use it in a way that’s consistent with the reasons your organization provided it. Mapiq guarantees this with the contractual commitments we make with every organization that receives our services.
Applicability and scope. Mapiq is made available to you (the end-user) through your organization (our customer), and your use of Mapiq is subject to your organization’s policies (if any). The organization can:
- Control and administer the Mapiq application and your account, including controlling privacy-related settings.
- Access and process your data.
If you lose access to your work account (for example, in case of change of employment), you may lose access to Mapiq.
For which purposes will Mapiq process personal data?
We use personal data to provide your organization and you with the Mapiq service. Mapiq’s processing of your personal data in connection with the Mapiq service is governed by a contract between Mapiq and your organization. Mapiq will process your personal data to deliver our service.
This includes improving, securing and developing the service. Mapiq does this through automated processing in the Mapiq software. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Authenticate you when logging into Mapiq.
- Determine authorizations, such as meetings rooms you may or may not book through Mapiq Features depend on your organization’s subscription.
- Provide the possibility to set-up hybrid meetings in case you opted in for this feature; this requires access to your agenda.
- Provide information to your organization that you are in the office through your check-in feature.
- Arrange a workday by making reservations for resources in or around the office (including but not limited to: desks, parking places, meeting rooms, and facilities).
- Personalized user suggestions to optimize the workday (including but not limited to: personalized room suggestions, personalized connection suggestions, etc.).
- Send you notifications.
- Provide support and maintenance to your organization.
When you use social features in the Mapiq application, such as connecting with colleagues, other users may see some of your activity like the days you work in the office or at home.
What categories of personal data will Mapiq process?
Mapiq receives, collects and generates data to provide our service. This includes:
- To provide Mapiq’s basic features, we collect your first and last name and your business email address.
Depending on the features your organization chose, we may collect additional data. This may include:
- Your job title (e.g.,senior manager, DevOps engineer).
- The department you work in (e.g., Finance, IT support).
- The Business Unit you work in (e.g., Company Logistics).
- The Office location you work at (e.g., Amsterdam, London).
- The country you are based in (e.g., NL, UK).
Using Mapiq may generate additional data. This data can be traced to you as a Mapiq user. This data may include:
- The IP address of the computer or phone that you use to contact Mapiq.
- Which features of Mapiq you are using.
- Security logs of web requests and security sensitive actions (like login attempts).
- Cookies to improve the service.
- Reservations (such as desks, rooms, parking spots etc.).
- Calendar history.
- Teams or groups of users.
- Office days.
- A profile picture that you may set for your account (you can delete this picture anytime).
- Data we receive from your organization to integrate with their systems.This varies from customer to customer. This is governed by the contract between Mapiq and your organizations.
Mapiq does not process sensitive personal data, for example: social security number, health data, religion or race.
How long will Mapiq store your personal data?
We store personal data no longer than required by law and no longer then necessary to deliver the service. Retention varies between 24 hours and the duration of the subscription your organization has with Mapiq.
When your organization decides to stop its Mapiq subscription, your organization has two options to choose from:
- Mapiq hands over all data in the organization’s subscription to your organization and then deletes the data.
- Mapiq deletes the data and confirms that to your organization.
Who else receives your personal data?
Mapiq engages third parties to provide our service. Third parties only receive information that is strictly required to fulfill their services to Mapiq. The third parties we engage are:
- Microsoft Ireland Operations Ltd for cloud hosting services.
- SendInBlue as email provider.
Your organization authorized Mapiq to engage these third parties.
Where do we store your personal data?
Mapiq willnot transfer your data outside the EEA. We use Microsoft cloud hosting servicesto store your data. Your data is stored in the Microsoft Azure regionWest-Europe in the Netherlands and Ireland.
How do we secure your personal data?
Mapiq protects your data. Mapiq implemented rigorous technical and organizational measures to keep your data secure. Mapiq is an ISO 27001 certified company. ISO27001 is an international standard for information security that guarantees the implementation of a high level of technical and organizational measures. Our measures are audited yearly by an independent auditor.
We use encryption to data in transit (e.g., access our applications), data in rest (e.g.,storage and retention) and data in the cloud (e.g., to cloud security gateways).Other examples of security measures we apply are:
- Data generated within the application is pseudonymized after 30 days.
- We anonymize data for analytics purposes.
- We have back-up and restore systems in place that are regularly tested.
- Mapiq uses a software development cycle where each phase of development is securely separated from the next (the DTAP principle).
- Our services are subject to regular penetration tests to identify and address vulnerabilities in our software.
How can you exercise your data protection rights?
You are in control. You have the right to exercise your data protection rights, such as your right to access, rectification and deletion of your personal data. Mapiq is provided to you through your organization. If you have any privacy inquiries or complaints, please direct them to your organization’s privacy officer.
To use certain features, we ask you to share personal data. You can opt-in to the feature or decline. This may mean you cannot use a certain feature. If you opt-in to a feature, you can opt-out at any time.
You can lodge a complaint with the Dutch Supervisory Authority about the way we process your personal data or when your organization failed to address your privacy request (in time). Click here to submit a complaint.
We are happy to answer any questions about this privacy statement or provide additional information. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.