When we started the partnership, we found that 65% of the ENGIE employees were using a fixed desk. On average, more than three out of ten people needed to find a productive space to work every single day.
Moreover, employee feedback revealed that most employees experienced friction in finding available workplaces and finding a place for ad-hoc meetings. We found that the employee frustration was mainly driven by a lack of insight, ambiguity about available places, and limited willingness for sharing.
We quickly established an overall goal for our partnership: helping employees use and share their office space as optimally as possible.
We determined the following objectives for the project:
- Decreasing the time and effort it takes to find a suitable space for ad-hoc meetings
- Simplifying the process of booking meeting rooms
- Making it easier to find workspaces.
The Mapiq solution
To realize the goals of the project, we placed bGrid sensors throughout the entire building and build a digital 3D twin. This 3D twin is the heart of our smart office platform. With this platform, employees at ENGIE can see exactly what’s going on in the office. They can navigate through the space and get workplace insights. Mapiq enables ENGIE’s employees to:
- See which of the hot desks are available to them in real-time. This decreases the time employees spent looking for a place to work.
- Find and book workspaces at any given time to increase ad-hoc meetings.
In addition to this, all data from our smart office platform is visualized in the analytics dashboard to provide information about office occupancy, peak hours, and popular workspaces. These insights enable management to make decisions that can further improve efficiency at the workspace.